Effective as of September 18, 2022
- We do not and will not sell your information. We don’t help companies advertise their products to you.
- We offer a free service and hope you will upgrade to our paid service versions. That’s the only way we make money.
- We use a small number of trusted third parties to help provide our products.
- If you have any questions or concerns about this policy, you can contact us.
Information collection and use
What Information does defug.com collect about me?
When you interact with our Site, Software, and/or Services, we collect information that could be used to identify you (“Personal Data”). Some of the information we collect is stored in a manner that cannot be linked back to you (“Non-Personal Data”).
Information you provide us when you create an account
When you sign up for or use our Services, you voluntarily give us certain Personal Data, including:
- Your username, email address, contact and language preferences. If you log into defug.com with a social networking credential, such as with your GitHub or LinkedIn account, we will ask permission to access basic information from that account, such as your name and email address. You can stop sharing that information with us at any time by removing defug.com’s access to that account.
Information collected from other sources
How does defug.com use my Information?
We use, process, and store your Information as necessary to perform our contract with you.
Information access and disclosure
Does defug.com share my Information?
We only disclose Personal Data to third parties when…
- …we use service providers who assist us in meeting business operations needs, including hosting, delivering, and improving our Services. We also use service providers for specific services and functions, including email communication, customer support services, and analytics. These service providers may only access, process, or store Personal Data pursuant to our instructions and to perform their duties to us.
- …we have your explicit consent to share your Personal Data.
- …we believe it is necessary to investigate potential violations of the Terms of Service, to enforce those Terms of Service, or to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, or potential threats against persons, property, or the systems on which we operate our Site, Software, and/or Services.
- …we determine that the access, preservation, or disclosure of your Personal Data is required by law to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of defug.com and users of our Site, Software, and/or Services, or to respond to lawful requests by public authorities, including national security or law enforcement requests.
defug.com does not share your Personal Data with third parties for the purpose of enabling them to deliver their advertisements to you.
Does defug.com sell or rent my Personal Data?
No, defug.com does not sell or rent your Personal Data.
How do third-party apps and plugins work?
Some third-party applications and services that work with us may ask for permission to access your Information. Those applications will provide you with notice and request your consent in order to obtain such access or information. Please consider your selection of such applications and services, and your permissions, carefully.
Some third parties’ embedded content or plugins on our Site and/or Software, such as Facebook “Like” buttons, may allow their operators to learn that you have visited the Site, and they may combine this knowledge with other data they have collected about your visits to other websites or online services that can identify you.
Data collected by third parties through these apps and plugins is subject to each parties’ own policies. We encourage you to read those policies and understand how other companies use your data.
Does defug.com ever make any of my Personal Data public?
No, we do not share Personal Data.
Data storage, transfer, retention, and deletion
Where is my Information stored?
Information submitted to defug.com will be transferred to, processed, and stored in the United States. When you use the Software on your computing device, licensing information will be stored locally on that device and synced with our servers. If you post or transfer any Information to or through our Site, Software, and/or Services, you are agreeing to such Information, including Personal Data, being hosted and accessed in the United States. Please note that the laws of the United States may be different from the privacy laws applicable to the place where you are resident.
How secure is my Information?
defug.com is committed to protecting the security of your Information and takes reasonable precautions to protect it. However, internet data transmissions, whether wired or wireless, cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and as a result, we cannot ensure the security of Information you transmit to us, including Personal Data; accordingly, you acknowledge that you do so at your own risk.
We use industry-standard encryption to protect your data in transit and at rest.
Once we receive your data, we protect it on our servers using a combination of technical, physical, and logical security safeguards. The security of the data stored locally in any of our Software installed on your computing device requires that you make use of the security features of your device. We recommend that you take the appropriate steps to secure all computing devices that you use in connection with our Site, Software, and/or Services.
If defug.com learns of a security system breach, we may attempt to notify you and provide information on protective steps, if available, through the email address that you have provided to us or by posting a notice on the Site. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive such notices in writing.
As defug.com evolves, we may need to update this Policy to keep pace with changes in our Site, Software, and Services, our business, and laws applicable to us and you. We will, however, always maintain our commitment to respect your privacy. We will notify you of any material changes that impact your rights under this Policy by email (to your most recently provided email address) or post any other revisions to this Policy, along with their effective date, in an easy-to-find area of the Site, so we recommend that you periodically check back here to stay informed of any changes. Please note that your continued use of defug.com after any change means that you agree with and consent to be bound by the new Policy. If you disagree with any changes in this Policy and do not wish your information to be subject to it, you will need to delete your defug.com account.